Skip to main content

October 2014 Lip Monthly

I received my October Lip Monthly bag yesterday. I'd heard lots of things about this subscription service, both good and bad. I only paid $5 for this bag so I was hoping there would be at least one awesome product in this bag.

When I opened the mailer, there was an extremely pretty makeup bag instead of the too-small box that I'd heard about.  The bag was sturdy but did have a strong plastic smell to it, but it lessens with each day.





First item is a product by Starlooks, which is the lip scrub. The description card says it's the perfect product to prep your lips for the 'perfect nude lip.' Unfortunately, I don't wear nude lips, it isn't a trend that looks good on me. Back to the product. I've tried lip scrubs before and they've been sticky. This isn't sticky and it doesn't work all that well, nor does it work as well as it should. This is probably one of my least favorite products in this bag. On the site, the lip scrubs sell 5 for $10, so this product would be $2.


The second item I pulled out of the bag was by Noyah and it was a lip balm in the flavor Cherry. I can always use more balms, though I hate Cherry but this doesn't have a strong scent so it's fine. I do like this product and I'm happy it was included in my bag. This balm goes for $3.99.


The third item in the bag is the JCat Fantabulous Lip Stick in the color Honeycrisp, which is a nude color. I'm pale so nude colors look terrible on me. I'm going to try to mix this with a pink and see if I can make the color better, but as it is, this is another of my least favorite products in the bag. The lipstick is $2.99 on the jcatcosmetics site.


The fourth lip product in the bag is by deVine shimmers cosmetics which uses ingredients in wine to make their products. They also have lotions and body butters. The color I got was Pinot Noir, which is a grape shimmer that doesn't have a lot of color. The product card says to pair it with a rich plum color for fall. I'm just now getting into darker lip colors and I can't wait to find the perfect lipstick to pair it with.  It is $4.95 on the devineshimmers.com website.
I also received an eyeliner by L.A. Girl in a brown black shade. I've used this a couple times, but it's slightly hard to use. Instead I've been using it for my brows.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bose Soundlink Revolve+ Bluetooth Speaker

Last week I was sent the brand new Bose Soundlink Revolve+ to review. It has bumpers to protect it from being knocked over and it's water resistant so you can set it by the pool for that upcoming Summer bash. I use it to help motivate me to clean and I love that it's loud enough to drown out my awful singing. It has a handle on the top of the speaker for easy transportation, and it won't break if you knock it over. The battery lasts up to 16 hours, and only takes about 4 hours to charge,  so you don't have to be the lame guy (or girl) who kills the party because the music stopped. You can skip to the next song by double pressing the multi function button, or you can summon Siri or Google Now by holding it down. I use the Bose Connect app on my phone to control the volume and skip to the next song if I'm not near the speaker. I love the sound quality that I get from the Revolve+. It's loud and clear, there's no static or skipping due to a faulty connection.

New Adventures!!

I was offered a temporary (and hopefully more permanent) position as a brand ambassador for a new site called Beautydem. This site is made for users to find inspiration, create sets featuring beauty products. When someone purchases a product from a set, the creator of said set makes a 5% commission from the sale. It's fun and easy and completely free to join. You can make as many or as few sets as you'd like. This is one that I made, featuring sweet perfumes that smell delicious. It features Prada's 'Candy', Jessica Simpson's 'Fancy' and a few others. http://beautydem.com/set/595 Join me on www.beautydem.com !!!!

Bose QuietControl 30 Noise Cancelling headphones

Several months ago, I was given the opportunity to review QuietControl 30 Noise Cancelling wireless headphones from Bose. I'd been searching for a new set of headphones for quite awhile and was thrilled to be chosen to try a brand new product. They're great and work wonderfully. They have a setting that allows you to decide how much of the outside noise that you want to block out. You can skip to the next song and pause, as well as make calls from the headset. You can wear the headphones around your neck, allowing you to be hands-free. I love how fast they charge, and how long one charge lasts. They come with different sized ear pieces that you can switch out so that they fit inside your ear comfortably, and include a nice travel case. It has a Bluetooth range of up to 33'. I wore these while on a phone call and taking the trash out. There was no static, I didn't lose the call and I didn't hear any traffic which helped me hear the call better. These retail for $29