Skip to main content

Ulta Haul!



   Most of the posts on this blog are all about the products I receive to review.. Well, not today! This post is all about what I bought on beautylish.com and at Ulta. For anyone that doesn't know, Ulta is a huge makeup/beauty store. Like Sephora, but it also carries 'drugstore' brands, like Maybelline or L'Oreal. It's got brands such as Too Faced and Urban Decay and NYX as well. Beautylish.com is a website that has TooFaced, Sugarpill and several other wonderful makeup brands.  I paid with Affirm, which lets you pay off your bill in 3, 6 or 12 months.
I'm slowly getting into the 'higher end' of makeup, after being a strict buyer of only 'drugstore' makeup. My first palette of the 'high end' variety was Boudoir Eyes by Too Faced (bought on beautylish.com). It's my go-to palette now and I love it, even though I've never been one for neutral colored eye shadows, but the colors are so pigmented and pretty, I just can't help it.  I'm pale so the lighter colors don't show up as well =(
I also bought a palette by Sugarpill (beautylish.com) called the Heartbreaker palette. 



Colors from left to right on swatch pic are: Acidberry, Velocity, 2am, Mochi 
 
Now onto the Ulta haul...
Urban Decay Ammo palette, Too Faced Beauty Darlings set, Butter London Lippy, NYX Butter Gloss, EOS lip balm and EOS lotion.
 Usually when I go to Ulta, it's only for a couple of things. The last time I was there was Christmas Eve because I was trying to find the last gift for my super picky mother. I only bought one thing and spent a whole $8.
This time however, I was on the hunt for the Urban Decay Ammo palette. I've had my eye on it for awhile, but before my purchase on Beautylish, I had never spent more than maybe $20 on makeup at one time. The Ammo palette was on sale at Ulta for $16 and were sold out pretty much everywhere.
I was told by the first associate that I talked to that a woman had come in and bought the last two. So since I had already decided to make a purchase I decided to look around anyway, which was a bad idea..

The first thing I found was this Butter London Lippy liquid lipstick in the color 'Ruby Murray'. It's a dark, vampy purple color. I've started getting into wearing darker color lip colors. I'm limited to the pinks that I can wear and I can't wear nudes. 


Butter London Lippy in the color Ruby Murray
Color is a dark purple swatched





NYX Butter Gloss in the color Taffy
Bright Barbie pink


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bose Soundlink Revolve+ Bluetooth Speaker

Last week I was sent the brand new Bose Soundlink Revolve+ to review. It has bumpers to protect it from being knocked over and it's water resistant so you can set it by the pool for that upcoming Summer bash. I use it to help motivate me to clean and I love that it's loud enough to drown out my awful singing. It has a handle on the top of the speaker for easy transportation, and it won't break if you knock it over. The battery lasts up to 16 hours, and only takes about 4 hours to charge,  so you don't have to be the lame guy (or girl) who kills the party because the music stopped. You can skip to the next song by double pressing the multi function button, or you can summon Siri or Google Now by holding it down. I use the Bose Connect app on my phone to control the volume and skip to the next song if I'm not near the speaker. I love the sound quality that I get from the Revolve+. It's loud and clear, there's no static or skipping due to a faulty connection.

New Adventures!!

I was offered a temporary (and hopefully more permanent) position as a brand ambassador for a new site called Beautydem. This site is made for users to find inspiration, create sets featuring beauty products. When someone purchases a product from a set, the creator of said set makes a 5% commission from the sale. It's fun and easy and completely free to join. You can make as many or as few sets as you'd like. This is one that I made, featuring sweet perfumes that smell delicious. It features Prada's 'Candy', Jessica Simpson's 'Fancy' and a few others. http://beautydem.com/set/595 Join me on www.beautydem.com !!!!

Bose QuietControl 30 Noise Cancelling headphones

Several months ago, I was given the opportunity to review QuietControl 30 Noise Cancelling wireless headphones from Bose. I'd been searching for a new set of headphones for quite awhile and was thrilled to be chosen to try a brand new product. They're great and work wonderfully. They have a setting that allows you to decide how much of the outside noise that you want to block out. You can skip to the next song and pause, as well as make calls from the headset. You can wear the headphones around your neck, allowing you to be hands-free. I love how fast they charge, and how long one charge lasts. They come with different sized ear pieces that you can switch out so that they fit inside your ear comfortably, and include a nice travel case. It has a Bluetooth range of up to 33'. I wore these while on a phone call and taking the trash out. There was no static, I didn't lose the call and I didn't hear any traffic which helped me hear the call better. These retail for $29